center circle of embroidery hoop
fishing line or clear bead string for making jewelry
a stick pin or x-acto knife
approx 30-40 leaves cut from cardstock
glass mini beads
cup hook for hanging
(I got everything from Hobby Lobby)
1. Cut five equal strands of fishing line at desired length with enough excess for tying onto your hoop.
2. Cut out leaves or desired shape. I did about 40.
3. To thread leaves, first thread and tie a glass bead at the end of each strand. Poke a small hole in the middle of each leaf and thread the fishing line through the leaf. Slip it down to the glass bead. String another glass bead onto the fishing line to the top of the leaf and loop the fishing line through the bead. This secures each leaf to the fishing line and provides extra weight.
4. String another bead about 2 to 2.5 inches from the bottom leaf, hold securely to the fishing line and loop the fishing line through/or tie a knot around the bead. This will secure the bead to the line, and make a floating point for your next leaf.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have filled your strands with desired amount of leaves.
6. Tie your strands equal distances apart on the embroidery hoop.
7. To hang, tie 3 strands of fishing line equally spaced on the hoop, adding a loop knot at the top for hanging onto the cup hook screwed into the ceiling.
You can also Customize your own:
Use any shape - circles, stars, butterflies, etc.
Use colored or patterned cardstock.
Line the outer edge of your hoop with ribbon or even paint the hoop.
The best part about this project? It ensures one happy baby in their crib at all times. Guaranteed.
Now how about making some pillows?
Linked up at: