1. TIME. Seriously, where does it go? Like everyone feels, there just aren't enough hours in the day. I always tell myself I'm going to work on my shop, but as the day goes along I find myself consumed with cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and working on websites for the hubs. I love my role as a SAHM, but there is always something that needs to be done and my lil' business takes a back seat. (I'm also in the process of opening a SECOND etsy store for handmade goodies which equals time. More on that later.)
2. Advertising. Lacking big time. The only place I do it is right here. If my shop was out there more, it would probably bring in more profit.
3. Creativity. Hitting a brick wall on this one right now. I'm wanting to design a logo for a banner and business cards, but all my creative juices are being zapped with designing the aforementioned websites and new handmade etsy store.
4. Motivation. I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this one. Somedays I just don't FEEL like working on it. After performing all my other duties, the last thing I want to do is pull out boxes of inventory from the (unorganized) closet, iron the clothes for pictures, take the pictures, take measurements, upload/edit/post pictures, and put everything back in the closet. Makes me tired just thinking about the task. But can I expect a business unless I do the work? In unison now, a big resounding "NO!" And I better suck it up, because my goal of posting 5 new pieces of inventory is due TUESDAY.
5. A MOBILE 7 Month Old. Ahh yes, the babe. He gets his own category, because he is such a huge part of my everyday life. Before I go further, let me say I love him to death, so there is no confusion. :) He just slows me down when it comes to getting stuff done. I give him something to sit and play with quietly, he crawls everwhere. I fold the laundry, he unfolds it. I change his wet diaper, he poops in it 10 seconds later. I put him down for a nap, he wakes up before I can blink. On and on. Basically your average 7 month old. What would I expect really? Nothing else. It's just a fact of life right now and trying to manage it is a challenge.
Tired of my excuses, err I mean hindrances? Me too. Ready for solutions? Me too. I just don't have 'em in concrete yet. But now that I know my obstacles, I will be able to make steps towards overcoming them. Already have some churning in my head.
Good stuff. Sure loving Small Business Month!