I was writing my New Year's resolutions in my journal last night and thought why not share them? I make a list every year and actually do work on them throughout the year. I find that writing them in my journal helps me turn back to them to see my progress and remind me of areas I still need to work on. These are my resolutions for 2012:
1. Love more. This includes everyone. My husband, family, friends, church, the random stranger at the store. I get so caught up in myself that I fail to love others and put them before me. I especially want to love Jesus more this year by not letting other things crowd my relationship with him out.
2. Read more. Most notably the Bible. Some days I do well, other days not so much. It is crucially important as a Christian to study it daily. My goal is to do it first thing, even if that means waking up early. Other than that, I also want to keep working on a classic book list that has been put on the back burner since Ashyr was born.
3. Double Capernaum Vintage. I have plenty of inventory to make my etsy shop twice its size, but I still have yet to do so. My hope is to list at least one or two items each week. That isn't much, but I know it's possible for me to at least do that, and it will keep me from getting burnt out by not making such a lofty goal.
4. Exercise regularly. Of course this is probably on everyone's list. I never thought it would be on mine because of my educational background and passion for the field. Plus it was always just a part of my everyday life no question about it. But wow, how a baby changes everything! It is especially difficult during the winter months when I can't just put Ashyr in a stroller and go for a walk. And I have yet to find an at home DVD workout that suits my fancy (suggestions?). I really want to get something established now that I'm pregnant. I need to be exercising while I'm pregnant, and certainly after the baby is here in June to get back into shape.
5. Be a better blogger. Yes, I want to improve my blogging skills. Mostly what I mean here is to be a more active member of the community. One thing I want to do is start commenting more faithfully on others blogs. I know how much I appreciate comments on mine, but I don't always take the time to return the favor. I have several followers who consistently leave sweet comments (thank you!) but I don't leave them on their blogs which are amazing. There is also a fear of rejection. You know, like if you offer something on your blog like a giveaway or some opportunity. Sometimes I chicken out simply because I think no one will be interested. Gotta quit that and just go for it.
There you have it. Do you make resolutions? If so, I'd be curious to know what some of them are!
We are celebrating with a group of friends tonight as we bring in the new year. I'm worried I won't make it to midnight. Anyway, Happy New Year and I hope 2012 is your best year yet!