It was my sister-in-law's (but more like a sister) birthday this weekend so that called for a little something special no doubt. I didn't want to make any old card...it needed to be extra special for this girl. Why not a box with a message and full of bubble gum?!
Brown paper bag (or any wrapping paper I suppose)
Small box (I used an old check box)
Bubble gum (or any kind of candy, but gum was just so cute and cheery!)
1. Trace your box's dimensions onto your wrapping paper of choice. You should end up with two pieces that look something like this.
2. Now glue the paper onto your box. It was a tad tricky and didn't end up perfect, but it's part of the charm (at least in my head.)
3. Write a message on your cardstock and cut it out to fit in the bottom of the box. Glue it down inside the box.
4. Now for the fun part. Fill with bubble gum!
5. Just put a little twine or ribbon around it and you are set!
I love that it looks so boring and plain on the outside, but there's a very happy birthday surprise waiting to happen. This would of course be great for kids (probably more appropriate for kids actually) but I think it's so fun and different that anyone would enjoy it!
Linked up at Craft-0-Maniac, Delicate Construction, For Love of Cupcakes, The Gunny Sack, CRAFT, Pinkapotamus, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Lines Across My Face, Home Sweet Home, Making the World Cuter, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Homework, Mommy by Day Crafter by Night.