I'm excited to share this fun little project with you today that is absolutely perfect for all your girl friends for Valentine's Day. Homemade lip gloss! It's super easy, inexpensive, and actually turns out really pretty. All you need are a few supplies:
Petroleum Jelly (plain, don't get Fresh Scent)
2 Kool-Aid packages (I used fruit punch to achieve the color I did)
Microwave safe bowl
Small plastic containers or jars (Found mine at JoAnn, they were the stackable kind like for storing beads)
Sweetner (I recommend adding something like Splenda or else it will be too sour)
Optional for making labels:
Now the how-to:
1. Put a glob (precise I know, for me that was about 3/4 cup) of petroleum jelly in your bowl and heat on high for about 1 minute.
2. Take it out and stir, stir, stir. Repeat the heating/stirring process until in becomes nearly liquid. It took me about 3 times.
3. When your glob becomes goo, then add the kool-aid and mix it in really good until it is smooth and blended.
4. Zap it one more time and stir again.
5. Pour your lip gloss into those cute lil' containers.
6.Now if you want them to be even more sweet, add some labels. So just trace the lid of the containers onto your paper.
7. Decorate them real pretty like with cutsie Valentinesish sayings and decor. Cut 'em out and glue 'er on and you're set!
Have a neat Valentine's Day post to share? Link up here:
Joy in the Jumble
One Artsy Mama