That's right. You did not just read "Strawberry Stuffed Cheesecake." You read "Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries." Crazy huh? I know, I was floored when I saw this recipe online recently. I had no doubt in my mind that this was going to be what I would bring to our Valentine's day party with some friends last night. And I'm certain this recipe will continue to be a party go-to for me. However, I think they are just perfect for Valentine's day!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
1 lb fresh strawberries
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 T powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
graham cracker crumbs
1. Rinse your strawberries and pat dry with paper towel. Cut off tops and carve out the middle with a paring knife. This can be a little tricky, so be careful (safety first people, safety first).
2. You then need to chop of the tips so that they will stand upright. I know this looks crooked, but sometimes you have to cut them this way so they stand. And no need to waste all the strawberry guts or tips. Throw them in some yogurt, or in my case, blend them up and add them to your baby's wheat cereal, so he will eat it without making disgusted faces or throwing a fit. Little stinker.
3. Next in a mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Fill the strawberries with the cheesecake mixture. A baby spoon worked like a charm.
4. Once you have filled all your strawberries, refrigerate them for at least an hour. I had plenty of cheesecake filling left, so I poured it into a pre-made Oreo crust that I've been needing to use for like three years. Now we have Oreo cheesecake waiting for us after dinner tonight just like that!
5. Sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs just before serving.
Be sure to make extra of these. My husband walked by when I pulled them out and popped like six of them into his mouth. Big stinker.
Linked up at: The 36th Avenue, Crafty Scrappy Happy,The Imagination Tree, Katie's Nesting Spot, Somewhat Simple, Delightful Order, House of Hepworths, The Creative Paige, Joy in the Jumble, One Artsy Mama, Whipperberry, Kojo Designs, Delicate Construction.